Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm getting a brother!

Ok I mean brother-n-law, but that just makes it all the more exciting :) In November, while I was in Papua New Guinea (which I'll have a couple posts to dedicate to the trip later) my sister was proposed to by her amazing boyfriend Jake! They told me as soon as I got home...

Here's the story:

Having just flown from half way across the world from PNG with layovers in Singapore and Tokyo, I was ridiculously tired and a little out of it... so when they told me Jake was driving up from San Diego to have dinner with us at our family club house restaurant I thought nothing of it. Hmmm... it's a Tuesday night, Jake is driving an hour and a half just for dinner, and we're going to eat some super good food with the whole family. Totally should have picked up on that but I could barely keep my eyes open at the time :)

We sat down at our table and before we even get our menus Katey and Jake look like they are going to burst, and so they blurt, "WE"RE ENGAGED!!" Needless to say I woke right up and there were tears and hugs and wedding plans being shared for the rest of the night. So beautiful and I couldn't have been more excited to hear it. Cried like a tired little happy baby. I don't know if those exist, but that's my best shot.

Jake and Katey met while at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and are such the perfect compliments for each other. I have to tell you that I have never seen my sister so happy! It's like she has had the sugar high of her life, and if you know my sis, well you get it. I got to do their engagement pictures recently and we chose Jake's house. I mean his boat. He lives on a sailboat and I think its the coolest thing in the world... definitely something I would love to do someday. Here are some of my favorites of them...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ok so we aren't on the boat yet but this is in the marina he lives in...

Photobucket

I had thought out loud... hmm I wonder if this is climbable... and Jake says yes it is!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket





They are getting married September 12, 2009 in San Luis Obispo and I'm SOOOO excited! I love SLO, it's probably one of the best places on earth. It just fits them so well too since they are some of the most active and outdoorsy people I know and SLO is the place to be for hiking and bouldering and rock-climbing and FUN. I mean these kids got engaged on a camping trip where she saw the ring on the other side of a rock she was climbing over and he was on the other side on one knee. SO great. I'll be the Maid of Honor so I'll have a bit of different responsibilities to hold on the wedding day, should be fun! Jake, I'm so excited to have you in the family and absolutely adore spending time with the two of you. Congratulations Katey and Jake, LOVE YOU!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karey! I love your blog site it makes me wish I could do photography! .. well ok I do alittle but your tops! . hehee. I miss you so much! LUV you!!! - essiej.

lroah said...

Karey -these are great, as usual!!!! Hope to see you soon!

Rachel's Blog said...

these as usual ROCK!!! Absolutely love the ones shooting them down below... so amazing! You did a fab job girl!! and what fun being the made of honor..... Enjoy it!!

AHS Photography said...

absolutely totally completely in love with these!

Ryel j said...

WOWWW!!! This session is amazing... pure amazing! And Congratulations on the growing family in-law. What a great year this is for you!

Ryan & Samantha said...

Congratulations Katey!!! Absolutely stunning pictures as always Karey!