Thursday, May 1, 2008

Craig and Kristin

I walked into Kristin's hotel on Saturday afternoon to the warm welcome of her bridesmaids, but as I walked through the suite to where Kristin was I followed her voice saying, "Karey... I'm sick!" She had woken up to a cold the day before her wedding but she was in great spirits and she looked absolutely stunning. Good thing you can't tell if you're sick in pictures right? It was a day full of joy, beauty and plenty of warm fuzzies! Speaking of warm, it was pretty dang warm that day (over 100!) but yet again no complaints and we found some creative ways to get cooled down. :)

Getting ready pictures...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The gorgeous bride...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The handsome groom..


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Fun ring shot...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Craig and Kristin's ceremony was at Canyon Hills Presbyterian Church which is where they met! Both of their families grew up going there, and a long story short, their wonderfully wise parents set them up... you know the rest! My favorite part during the ceremony was when their minister was sharing about getting to watch them start their relationship together... it made me almost tear up a bit too!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




[FUN FACT: This wedding was the first time I got to have my wonderful intern John Woods along to second shoot with me. He's so fabulous! I'd be lost without him and he did a great job being my second pair of eyes. He's getting a blog going too so check it out here.]

Ok we're back:

Bouquet and Cake...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




It was just such gorgeous light and the scenery breathtaking once we got to the reception so I was really happy that Craig and Kristin didn't mind grabbing a couple extra pictures... these are probably my favorite from the day...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The reception was at Orange Hill, which is one of my favorite restaurants that has a spectacular view of Orange County. The food was amazing! I loved so much getting to know Craig and Kristin's friends and family a bit more, and they made me feel so appreciated! Their friends Dave and Netra were there as well, whose wedding I get to capture in July which I'm HUGELY looking forward to. I walked away from the day just feeling super blessed to have such amazing clients that just so warmly invite me into their day and allow me to capture it. What a gift.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




To the new Mr. and Mrs. McMillan: Congratulations!! There is a warmth and realness to you that just shines so bright in you both, it's absolutely beautiful. You made my day such a joy and I hope you are having the best time enjoying Costa Rica! Can't wait to see the zip-line pictures :)

6 comments:

Armin de Fiesta said...

Nice work, the light just looked tasty!

Jennifer Disney said...

Beautiful, my friend! I love that ring shot too!

eliesa said...

Karey!

I LOVE THIS WEDDING! YOu did a fabulous job and I LOVE the bouquet on the fence!

eliesa

Anonymous said...

Kristin is as beautiful as ever and my Cali brother Craig was a stud!! Glad to have been apart of their perfect day. Karey, you are amazing as always in capturing the moment and can not wait for you to capture our big day!

Karey Michelle said...

Thank you friends! Yes, the light was just a dream that day :)

Thanks Netra, can't wait either!!

Em said...

BEAUTIFUL work- I absolutely LOVE that first shot!