Monday, July 7, 2008

Last weeks favorite piece...

from So You Think You Can Dance was definitely by Katee and Joshua with their contemporary piece. The song is gorgeous, Hometown Glory by Adele, but the choreography just took it to a whole new place... it's about two selfish people in a relationship unable to let go of themselves and experience life as one. It's just a beautiful yet painful piece of art, beautiful for its lyrical movement and painful for its truth. Stuff this good can only come from experiencing it first hand so it makes me sad to think about what inspired it, but at the same time I love it's honesty and ability to make me feel the disconnect they are dancing.



I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

See ya tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had chills last week when I watched it, and again when I watched it on your blog. It was also my favorite. They put so much passion into it. I think had they not had the facial expressions to go with it, it wouldn't have had the same effect. Looking forward to this week's episode if I can get my husband to let me watch it. ; )