Sunday, December 2, 2007

Jeremy and Michelle

For my last wedding of 2007 I headed up a hill to the place where it all started for me, Hume Lake. Hume Lake Christian Camps was where the amazing and talented Josh Smith taught me the ropes of photography on the job for the 15 months I got to call Hume home. He even came to second shoot! There are so many people there that I still consider my closest friends and family so I've been looking forward to this wedding for awhile. It's been over a year since I've lived there but it will always feel like home in one sense or another. Shooting Jeremy and Michelle's wedding was the icing on an already densely rich and beautiful cake, since there is a lot of history with these two for me. I actually got to watch them begin their relationship together two summers ago when Michelle was my roommate! She was such a gift to me to share a summer and Bible study with, for she had (and has) such an incredible character and passion for God. I knew Jeremy only by acquaintance before Michelle, but to watch him pursue her and love her was such a beautiful thing. Their wedding was an awesome celebration of over 200 people one of which came as far as Honduras! Here are some of my favorites from the day:


Here is the amazingly beautiful Hume Lake...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And the excited bride!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We did their first look up at the Joshua Lodge...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And then we headed towards Look Out Rock where Jeremy proposed to Michelle...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The ceremony was beautiful. Jeremy's dad Jerry Root married them and he did such an amazing job, probably one of the best I've ever seen. Make sure to check out the slideshow, there will be more shots of the ceremony in there :) How beautiful are the flowers?? Pam Phillips did a great job with the arrangements!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Mr. and Mrs. Root!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




It was such an incredible day, and I just felt so thankful to play a small part in it. Jeremy and Michelle, I hope you both enjoy your images and have a wonderful time on your honeymoon in Hawaii and then Chicago!


Here is the slideshow you want to check out, including some of Josh's perspective too: www.kareymichelle.com/Slideshows/Root

Enjoy!

2 comments:

AHS Photography said...

Hi Karey, I found your blog through the RH photo team. (I'm on the team too) Just wanted to say you do beautiful work!!

Dane Sanders said...

Jerry Root is one of my all time favorite people. How cool that you got to connect.

I also met my wife at Hume! Love it. Amazing images. I'll bet they were stoked to have you!!