Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm out!

This weekend I get to be at the fabulous Hume Lake Christian Camps again for a weekend of counseling Jr. High girls and I am SO excited! It isn't very often that I get to take a step outside of my photography world so I consider this a huge gift and a very special privilege. Jr. High was probably my LEAST favorite time in life but I know that they are dealing with issues completely beyond what I ever experienced... they need to know more than ever that they are a work of art and perfect as they are instead of trying to measure up to an ideal portrayed on magazine covers that in real life just doesn't exist.

Forgive me, I think I need to get off my soapbox! :) I just hope so much that this weekend I can come away with some amazing stories of how these girls have grown, been challenged, loved, and whole-heartedly inspired to see the beauty and value they possess naturally.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Hume is a beautiful place so I'm expecting some great things! I'll be back on Tuesday so Ciao until then!

Karey

3 comments:

AHS Photography said...

You are going to make the best counselor ever :) Have a great time!

Dane Sanders said...

you rock ... met Tami at hume ... love the place ... so stoked to be connected with you. have a great time friend.

gorgeous image too by the way.

Unknown said...

welcome back!! :) .... so great seeing you last night, miss. incognito ;) I'm so glad to hear your trip went well!! Hopefully i'll get to see you next week!! enjoy! :)